2018 Press Releases
- September 19, 2018
- Natural Stone Institute Partners with STONEX Canada
Natural Stone Institute will act as a partner of STONEX Canada at The Buildings Show, scheduled for November 28-30, 2018 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre in Toronto. The Natural Stone Institute will also present a seminar about natural stone safety guidelines and training resources with collaboration from the Terrazzo Tile & Marble Association of Canada.
- Natural Stone Institute to Provide Education at Middle East Stone Show
Natural Stone Institute will participate in the Middle East Stone Show, scheduled September 4-6 in Dubai. In addition to exhibiting at the show, Natural Stone Institute will present several free educational seminars as part of the show’s Stone Conference.
- Natural Stone Institute Releases Quarrier Toolbox Talks
Natural Stone Institute, in collaboration with the National Building Granite Quarries Association (NBGQA), has produced a new series of safety training resources specific to the quarrier segment of the natural stone industry.
- Natural Stone Institute Announces New Testing Lab Offering
Natural Stone Institute is pleased to announce that accelerated weathering testing is now available through the testing lab’s recently acquired environmental simulation chamber.
- Natural Stone Institute Completes 15 Homes with Gary Sinise Foundation R.I.S.E. Program
Natural Stone Institute members have provided natural stone and fabrication services for fifteen specially adapted smart homes for severely wounded veterans through their support of the Gary Sinise Foundation R.I.S.E. program.
- Women in Stone Meet with Meisterfrauen in Germany
On June 15, representatives from Women in Stone and Meisterfrauen met during Stone+tec 2018 in Nuremberg, Germany.
- Michael Picco Joins Natural Stone Institute Executive Committee
Natural Stone Institute is pleased to announce that Michael Picco (PICCO Engineering) has been selected to join the association’s executive committee as assistant secretary.
- Two Scholarships Available for Emerging Professionals in the Natural Stone Industry
The Natural Stone Institute is pleased to announce that two scholarships are available for individuals pursuing careers in the natural stone industry. The deadline to submit applications for the Natural Stone Scholarship and the Women in Stone Empowerment Scholarship is Friday, July 20.
- Natural Stone Institute Announces 2018 Pinnacle Awards Call for Entries
The Natural Stone Institute is pleased to announce that the call for entries for the 2018 Pinnacle Awards is now open. Submissions are due by Friday, July 20.
- Natural Stone Institute Announces Call for Entries for 2018 Industry Recognition Awards
The Natural Stone Institute is pleased to announce that the call for entries for the 2018 Industry Recognition Awards is now open.