2018 Press Releases
- Natural Stone Institute Completes 15 Homes with Gary Sinise Foundation R.I.S.E. Program
Natural Stone Institute members have provided natural stone and fabrication services for fifteen specially adapted smart homes for severely wounded veterans through their support of the Gary Sinise Foundation R.I.S.E. program.
- Women in Stone Meet with Meisterfrauen in Germany
On June 15, representatives from Women in Stone and Meisterfrauen met during Stone+tec 2018 in Nuremberg, Germany.
- Michael Picco Joins Natural Stone Institute Executive Committee
Natural Stone Institute is pleased to announce that Michael Picco (PICCO Engineering) has been selected to join the association’s executive committee as assistant secretary.
- Two Scholarships Available for Emerging Professionals in the Natural Stone Industry
The Natural Stone Institute is pleased to announce that two scholarships are available for individuals pursuing careers in the natural stone industry. The deadline to submit applications for the Natural Stone Scholarship and the Women in Stone Empowerment Scholarship is Friday, July 20.
- Natural Stone Institute Announces 2018 Pinnacle Awards Call for Entries
The Natural Stone Institute is pleased to announce that the call for entries for the 2018 Pinnacle Awards is now open. Submissions are due by Friday, July 20.
- Natural Stone Institute Announces Call for Entries for 2018 Industry Recognition Awards
The Natural Stone Institute is pleased to announce that the call for entries for the 2018 Industry Recognition Awards is now open.
- Natural Stone Institute Announces New Staff Member
The Natural Stone Institute is pleased to announce that Dacia Woodworth has joined the staff as Architect & Design Community Liaison and Special Projects Manager.
- New Technical Bulletin Available in Natural Stone Resource Library: Testing Frictional Properties of Natural Stone Walking Surfaces
A new technical document covering the testing of dynamic coefficient of friction (DCOF) of natural stone is now available in the Natural Stone Resource Library.
- Natural Stone Institute Announces 2018 Tucker Design Award Winners
The twelve winning projects of the 2018 Tucker Design Awards were honored during a ceremony at the Tobin Center for the Performing Arts in San Antonio, TX on February 25. The recipient of the 2018 Bybee Prize, Carol R. Johnson, FASLA, was also celebrated during the ceremony.
- 2018 Stone of the Year
Desert Beige Marble by Egymar International and International Marble Company has been chosen as the 2018 Natural Stone Institute Stone of the Year. The stone will be featured on 2018 member certificates, membership code of ethics, and association marketing materials throughout the year.