Industry Wide EPD Participation
Date: Tuesday, September 28, 2021
Time: 2:00 pm-3:00 pm ET
Speakers: Sarah B Gregg, Natural Stone Institute
Complete Qualification Questionnaire
ATTENTION Natural Stone Industry:
You can help us win back market share from artificial materials. The Natural Stone Institute is beginning the process of developing industry average Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs) for natural stone flooring, countertops, and cladding. We need participants in the following categories to submit data related to their environmental impacts (water, energy, output, transportation distances, etc.):
- Quarrying: extraction of raw material
- Producing: processing raw materials into dimensional building materials
- Distribution: coordination of importing natural stone to the USA and distribution to countertop fabricators and/or jobsites
- Countertop Fabrication: fabrication of slab material into custom countertops
The unfortunate truth is that not all design professionals consider natural stone an environmentally friendly product. By completing this set of industry-average impacts in a format that is easily comparable to our competition, we will be able to prove what we’ve known all along: that natural stone is a sustainable choice.
- Learn what you will gain by participating in our industry wide EPD project.
- Determine if your company is eligible to participate.
- Understand the cost to participate and the approximate amount of time needed from your team to assemble the data for submission.