2019 Tennessee Study Tour
Thank you to this year's hosts and sponsors for a wonderful event!
2019 Study Tour Hosts
2019 Study Tour Sponsors
Crowne Plaza Knoxville
401 West Summit Hill Drive
Knoxville, TN 37902
Travel & Location
Closest Airport: McGhee Tyson Airport (TYS) - Approx. 20 min drive
Hotel is located in the city center
Convenient Location to: Market Square, Downtown and Old City Restaurant & Shops
2:00pm – 4:00pm Registration
Attendees pick up Welcome Bag at registration table.
4:00pm – 6:00pm
Knoxville Walking Tour with Knoxville History Project guides. Meet in hotel lobby. Tips appreciated!
6:00pm - 7:30pm Reception at Pour Taproom
Light food and beverages.
Dinner on own
7:30am-9:00am: Breakfast with member forum from 8:00-9:00am.
9:30am-10:30am: Braxton-Bragg facility tour.
11:00am- 2:00pm: Tennessee Stone
Live product, fabrication & install demos. Includes bbq lunch
3:30pm – 4:30pm YOGA (optional) at hotel
7:00pm – 9:30pm Dinner/Auction
7:30-9:00am: Breakfast with Member Forum from 8:00-9:00am.
9:00-10:00am (central time): BMJ Stone facility tour
10:15am-11:15am: Tennessee Building Stone facility tour
Box lunch.– Eat on bus
1:30pm: Arrive at Hotel
2:30pm: Depart Hotel for Planned Recreation
- Ijams Nature Center (Aerial Park; Paddle; Bike) Return 5:30pm
- Brew Tour - Return 6:00pm
Night on own
7:30-9:00am: Breakfast with member forum from 8:00-9:00am.
9:15am – 10:00am Candoro Heritage Site
10:30am – 11:30am: Tennesse Marble Company
12:00pm – 1:00pm: Lunch at Lakeshore Park
3:30pm: Meet in Lobby/Depart Hotel – walk to Maple Hall bowling lanes
4:00-7:00pm: Team bowling at Maple Hall. Includes reception and give back activity.
Night on own
Register before June 14 and save!
$1,295.00 Early-Bird Full 1st in Room
$ 695.00 Early-Bird Full 2nd in Room
After June 14
$1,395.00 Full 1st in Room
$ 695.00 Full 2nd in Room
$ 695.00 Excludes lodging.
All other registration inclusions apply.
À la carte
À la carte registration is available for:
Sunday Tour/Reception 4:00PM - 7:30PM ($55.00)Enjoy a walking tour of downtown Knoxville followed by a reception at Pour Taproom.
- Monday Banquet 6:00PM - 9:00PM ($150.00)
Join us for a reception, banquet, and annual auction
Wednesday Team Challenge 4:00PM - 7:00PM ($45.00)
Join us at Maple Hall for team bowling, food and drinks. A local give-back activity will also be offered.
The Institute relies on the generous contributions of our sponsors to defray event costs not included in registration fees. Please support the Institute and elevate your company’s exposure to the attendees through one of our opportunities.
$1250 Closing Reception
$ 750 Team Building
$ 750 Bar/Reception
$ 500 Welcome Package
Each sponsor receives:
- Website, and on-site signage recognition
- Their company logo featured within this year’s event gift
- The opportunity to participate in product, fabrication and installation demos held at the Tennessee Stone location on Monday.
Sponsorship deadline is July 12, 2019. Printed materials for Welcome Bag need to arrive at the hotel between August 12th -15th. Sponsorship questions: email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Generous rooms with choice of Double, Queen or King beds
- Suites with sofa beds are available
- Mahogany's Restaurant offers breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert (2nd floor Mezzanine Level)
- The Library lounge (Lobby level-across from Front Desk)
- In-room dining available
- Equipped gym, free for hotel guests, open 24 hours
- Indoor Heated Lap Pool (6:00 AM to 11:00 PM)
- Same-day dry cleaning
- Free WiFi
- 8 Accessible rooms
Things to Consider
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Rain jacket
- A secure cross-bag or purse
- Extra empty bag or suitcase (for local shopping)
Average August High 86° / Average Low 68°
University of Tennessee Knoxville Campus
Thompson Boling Arena
Civic Auditorium and Coliseum
Knoxville Convention Center
Knoxville Museum of Art
Worlds Fair Park
Volunteer Landing and Knoxville Riverboat Company
East Tennessee Historical Society
James White Fort