2021 Cleveland Study Tour
WHEN: Sunday September 12 through Wednesday September 15, 2021
WHAT: Cleveland Study Tour
WHERE: Doubletree by Hilton Cleveland Downtown-Lakeside
1111 Lakeside Avenue E
Cleveland, OH 44114
Join the Natural Stone Institute for four days of in-person networking, stone industry education, and fun in Cleveland, Ohio!
Registration closes August 20, 2021.
- FULL Registration $750pp
FULL Registration applies to the FULL package rate that includes all planned meals, meal choice, receptions, transportation, entry fees for scheduled activities, and site visits. OPTIONAL activities and lodging are NOT included.
- A La Carte Registration
For those NOT attending full event.
- Sunday Walking Tour and Rock Hall of Fame reception $150 pp
- Monday Banquet/Auction $125 pp
- Wednesday Dinner Cruise $100 pp
- OPTIONAL Activity (see list below - select activity from online registration form)
CANCELLATION REFUND POLICY
Pre-registrations may be cancelled without penalty between July 5 and July 9, 2021. Final payments must be received by August 20, 2021.
Full registrations received after July 5 may cancel before August 6, 2021 with a full refund. Cancellation requests made after August 6 but before August 20, 2021 may cancel with a $125 administration fee. No refunds after August 20, 2021.
BOOK A ROOM:
The host hotel, Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Cleveland Downtown-Lakeside, is ready to take room reservations now. Hotel reservations may be cancelled up to 24 hours prior to arrival without penalty*. Room rates start at $119.00/night plus 9.5 % per room/night tax and an 8.0 % per room/night secondary tax.
- Reservations by Phone: Call 800-222-TREE and reference NSI 2021 Study Tour or your group code “NSI” to receive the discounted group rate.
- Reservations Online: use: Your HiltonLink
*Hotel cancellation policy is independent of the Natural Stone Institute Study Tour registration cancellation policy.
TENTATIVE SCHEDULE – subject to change
Sunday September 12
- Attendee Registration 1:00 – 3:30pm Lobby
- Architectural Walking Tour 4:00 – 6:00pm
- Rock n Roll Hall of Fame 6:00 – 9:00pm
Monday September 13
- Breakfast 7:00 – 8:30am
- Tour Cleveland Quarries 10:00 – 11:45am - 2 sites (River Rd: Sculptor Nicholas Fairplay /fabrication; quarry/fab facility)
- Arrive Hotel 1:00pm
- Lunch Buffet 1:00 – 2:00pm
- Industry Sector Breakouts (4) 2:00 – 3:30pm / Reports will be compiled and sent to attendees post event.
- Banquet 6:00 –8:00pm /Auction 8:00 – 9:30pm at hotel
Tuesday September 14
- Breakfast 7:00 – 8:30am
- Town Hall Meeting 8:00 – 9:00am
- Lakeview Cemetery/Garfield Memorial 9:15 (w/Dave Dunn, Cleveland Quarries - exterior view)
- Tour Mont Surfaces Design Center/Slab Showroom 11:00-12:30pm
- Grab and go boxed lunch – eat on bus
- Arrive hotel 1:15Pm
- OPTIONAL* Activities
- Women In Stone Reception 6-7pm FREE
- Evening on own
*OPTIONAL Activities - fees may apply:
Round trip transportation from the hotel is provided by NSI.
- Golf $75pp No club rentals. Must bring own clubs.
- Kayak $45pp
- Cycle Bus Pub Crawl $30pp
- Cleveland Art Museum – FREE
Wednesday September 15
- Breakfast 7:00 -8:30am
- Depart for Amherst Village 8:45am
- Sandstone Scavenger Hunt on Amherst Sandstone Village grounds and around Amherst
- Lunch at Amherst Village Pavilion
- Natural Stone Institute headquarters/Testing lab tour 1:00 – 2:30pm
- Arrive Hotel 3:15pm
- Closing Event - Dinner Cruise 5:00 – 8:00pm Goodtime III
AUCTION DONATION and SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Maximize your exposure to study tour attendees through an Auction Donation or Sponsorship. All supporters will receive newsletter, website, social media and on-site signage recognition. Deadline is August 6, 2021.
Proceeds benefit the Natural Stone Foundation to create, fund, and/or support programs that directly educate the architecture and design community, consumers, and industry professionals about the features and benefits of natural stone. Last year we surpassed our goal to raise $40,000 and look forward to increasing our donation to the Foundation each year.
Levels of sponsorship for this event are listed below. To commit your support, please complete the online Sponsorship Form.
- Closing Reception: $1250
- Transportation: $1000
- Team Building Event: $ 750
- Bar/Receptions: $ 750
- Welcome Package: $ 500
Sponsors and companies donating auction items over $1000 in value may include company literature (print or flash drive) or promotional item in the event Welcome Bag. Ship items to arrive no later than September 8, 2021 to:
Natural Stone Institute
Attn: Jane Bennett
380 E. Lorain Street
Oberlin, OH 44074
Auction or Sponsorship questions? Contact Jane Bennett: call 440-250-9222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
TRAVEL & LOCATION
Airport: (CLE) Cleveland Hopkins Airport (13.5 miles/20 minutes)
Walking distance to:
- Rock & Roll Hall of Fame
- First Energy Stadium
- Great Lakes Science Center
- Willard Park
- Lake Erie waterfront
- Noble Beast Brewing Company
- Winking Lizard Galleria
- And more
- The Flats neighborhood
- Playhouse Square
- Other downtown attractions
Climate: Average high – mid 70’s; Average low – low 60’s
Attire: Casual attire except for Monday night, where cocktail attire is suggested for the banquet. Otherwise, be prepared for rain or shine. Wear closed toe shoes to all stone operations.