2019 Press Releases
- December 17, 2019
- Natural Stone Institute Completes 25th Home with Gary Sinise Foundation
The R.I.S.E. program builds specially adapted smart homes for severely wounded veterans and first responders. To date, Natural Stone Institute members have been involved in twenty-five completed homes.
- November 20, 2019
- Toolbox Talks for Quarriers Available in Natural Stone University
The Natural Stone Institute, in coordination with the National Building Granite Quarries Association (NBGQA), has added three toolbox talks for quarriers to the Natural Stone University.
- November 5, 2019
- Natural Stone Institute Seeks Volunteers for Xiamen Stone Fair Delegation
The Natural Stone Institute, in coordination with the China Xiamen International Stone Fair, is inviting association members to join a volunteer delegation to the 2020 fair.
- November 7, 2019
- Natural Stone Council Updates Sustainability Standard to Align with Evolving Green Building Programs
The Natural Stone Council is proud to announce updates to the Natural Stone Sustainability Standard (ANSI/NSC 373).
- October 24, 2019
- Natural Stone Institute Completes 23rd Home with Gary Sinise Foundation
The Natural Stone Institute has provided natural stone and fabrication services for its 23rd home with the Gary Sinise Foundation’s R.I.S.E. program (Restoring Independence Supporting Empowerment).
- October 15, 2019
- Resources Available for Silicosis Prevention and Safe Slab Handling
The Natural Stone Institute has many resources available online to help combat the threat of silicosis and ensure safe slab handling.
- September 3, 2019
- Natural Stone Institute Hosts Successful Knoxville Study Tour
The Natural Stone Institute would like to thank all who participated in the 2019 Study Tour, held August 18-21 in Knoxville, TN.
- August 15, 2019
- Natural Stone Institute Partners with STONEX Canada
Natural Stone Institute will act as a partner of STONEX Canada, scheduled for May 12-14, 2020 at The International Centre in Toronto.
- June 20, 2019
- New Documents Available in Natural Stone Resource Library
Eighteen new “Queries & Quandaries” articles have been added to the Natural Stone Resource Library.
- June 11, 2019
- Natural Stone Institute Releases New Safety Video
A new video entitled “Safe Stone Shopping” is now available from the Natural Stone Institute.