Natural Stone CEU Procrastinators Event
Date: Wednesday, October 10, 2018
Time: 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Tour Location: Walker Zanger, 37 E. 20th Street, New York, NY 10003
4:00 PM Natural Stone 101 (1 CEU)
gain a full understanding of natural stone as a building material. Learn more about the various natural stones (limestone, travertine, onyx, marble, serpentine, sandstone, slate, quartzite, and granite). Obtain information about common quarrying techniques, fabrication, and finishing methods. enhance your ability to select the right stone, fabrication technique, and finish for your project.
- Learn about the science of each species of stone, examples of how it is quarried, unique characteristics, and common applications.
- Gain knowledge about stone fabrication and finishing methods.
- Understand the resources available that are relevant to natural stone.
6:00 PM The Art of Specifying Natural Stone (1 CEU)
An overview of how to specify natural stone. There are many factors to consider to ensure you are choosing the proper material for your project. What do you need to know about its species, color variations, and finish possibilities? Is the quarry able to produce the sizes and quantities you need? And finally, what factors affect the price of the stone you specify? Get the resources you need to help ensure the stone you choose meets the standards and design intent set for your application.
- Review resources to find more information about natural stone standards.
- Learn how to plan for the longevity of an installation by specifying appropriate materials.
- Evaluate factors specific to the price of different materials, finishes and methods.
Chapter Participant: $25
Non-Chapter Participant: $50
Architects and Designers: Complimentary
Special thanks to our host:
Special thanks to our sponsor