Join the Sustainability Cause
Learn how your quarry, fabrication shop, or distribution facility can align with the green building movement.
Certify to the Natural Stone Sustainability Standard
- Download the standard.
- Watch our overview webinar through the Natural Stone University.
- Obtain a quote from NSF.
- Prepare documentation for desk audit.
- Schedule site audit.
Participate in Our Industry Wide EPD Project
The Natural Stone Institute is coordinating a set of Industry Wide EPDs for natural stone including Flooring, Cladding, and Countertops. Quarriers, Producers, and Slab Fabricators are needed to contribute data about their operational impacts. Learn more about the benefits of participation and receive an overview of the data required to submit by watching our EPD Participation webinar. Deadline to commit is November 15, 2021.
Tell the Story
Ask your marketing teams to tell the story of natural stone’s sustainability in their communications. If we band together to present a consistent message, our efforts will have more credibility and reach.
- Visit our Use Natural Stone website’s sustainability archive to source socially sharable articles, videos, photos, and graphics.
- Enroll in Natural Stone Institute’s CEU Program to access green building courses and present to architects, designers, and landscape architects for credit towards maintaining their professional certifications.
- Contribute content by sending to email@example.com for consideration.
Subscribe to our Sustainability mailing list to receive timely and relevant information for aligning your company and products with green building.