- Commitment. Demonstrated commitment to the association and the industry. Assist with member recruitment/retention and provide financial support for special projects and/or campaigns (i.e. promotion, scholarships, etc).
- Leadership / Collaboration. Positive leadership attributes, emotional intelligence, and ability to work collaboratively and engage in appropriate debate and discussion when needed.
- Experience. Relevant expertise in the disciplines of organizational management. Examples include but are not limited to branding, fundraising, committee relations, finance, international partnerships, social responsibility, diversity, and strategic alliances. Experience serving on a Natural Stone Institute or other industry committee is a plus.
- Visionary and Strategic Thinking. Demonstrated ability of developing new and innovative programs within their sphere of influence. Examples include but are not limited to incorporating strategy, leadership, future focus, risk taking, and an entrepreneur spirit.
- Stone Industry Involvement. Strong background in industry initiatives and volunteer work including work for the Natural Stone Institute, NSC, and other stone association committees, councils, commissions, and task forces. Involvement at TISE and/or Coverings should also be referenced.
- Eligibility. Must be the official company representative from the “Active Member” category, which is a company that is actively engaged in one or more of the following: quarrying/producing, manufacturing, finishing, fabricating, installing, exporting, importing, brokering, maintaining, and/or restoring natural stone. Must be designated or the official company representative if elected.
- Attend up to (3) in-person board meetings per year: TISE/StonExpo (January in Las Vegas), Mid-Year Meeting (typically late June; location TBD), a Board Member Orientation (December) and up to (4) virtual meetings. One additional meeting may be scheduled.
- Participate in up to (6) monthly conference calls per year as scheduled.
- Volunteer a few hours of time, as assigned, during trade shows where the association is exhibiting (including some international shows).
- Assist the membership committee with outreach, recruitment, and retention efforts.
- Serve on at least one standing or ad-hoc committee. This includes attendance at face-to-face meetings and conference calls.
- Contribute financially to the association (sponsorships) and/or Foundation (donations) annually and assist with soliciting funds from industry members.
- Donate travel costs to attend face-to-face meetings whenever possible.
- Represent the association at special meetings or events upon request.